Almond Thyme Skillet Bread
I may be grain-free most of the time, but sometimes I get a wicked craving for something crumbly and savory to break into a soup. That’s where this Almond Thyme Skillet Bread recipe came from (plus I wanted another excuse to use my mini cast iron skillet, I love that thing).
This recipe is so easy, and a great use for leftover bacon fat. I served the Almond Thyme Skillet Bread with a soup made from ground beef and the random contents of my crisper drawer, but pair it with your favorite winter soup recipe and you’ll be good to go!
Almond flour and fresh thyme flavor this easy skillet bread, perfect served with soup or stew.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bacon fat, softened
- Freshly-cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, thyme and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and bacon fat, then form the dough into a disc.
- Pat into an 8" cast iron skillet (or spring-form cake pan) and top with freshly-cracked pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, then slice and serve warm.
by Fresh Planet Flavor