Blueberry Baked N’Oatmeal
I made this Blueberry Baked N’Oatmeal on a Monday, and shamelessly ate it for far more meals in a row than I should have (not to mention straight from the pan!). I called it “N’Oatmeal” because it’s NOT OATMEAL. See what I did there? 😉 It makes a wonderfully filling make-ahead breakfast that keeps well for days and is delicious hot or cold. Sometimes I really crave something else in the morning aside from eggs, and this is a wonderful alternative. Spoon it into a bowl or mug and top with whipped cream, more berries, a drizzle of honey… or enjoy as is for a healthy fruit-sweetened breakfast or snack loaded with healthy fats in the nuts and coconut.
This fruit-sweetened baked n'oatmeal recipe features blueberries (or any fruit you’d like), wholesome coconut, nuts and warming spices. You can bake some now and enjoy oatmeal for the rest of the week!
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces or 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (or 2 1/2 cups of your preferred berry/fruit, chopped into 1/2” pieces if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8" square cake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the milk, banana, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until blended, then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Reserve about ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal, then gently stir the rest into the batter. Spoon into the greased cake pan. Scatter the remaining berries across the top, and additional chopped pecans if desired.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until the top is cooked and golden. Remove your baked n'oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 45kcal Calories from fat 38|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|