The star of this Fruity Breakfast Pizza with Granola Crust is Paleo Scavenger granola! I “met” Brittany of Paleo Scavenger on Instagram and my interested was piqued: I’ve made my own Paleo granola and while the results are utterly delicious, there’s nothing like the convenience of spooning it from bag to bowl and enjoying in minutes!
I reached out to the Paleo Scavenger co-founders Brittany Chibe and DeeDee McCoy for a bit more info on their company and product, and their story is one that many of you might have personally experienced: when they “went paleo” they struggled to find paleo-friendly snacks that they liked. The two often found themselves making their own snacks and carrying them around in their bags. With encouragement from family and friends, Brittany and DeeDee began selling paleo granola at local farmers markets and doing “pop-up shops” at gyms and race events. Everywhere they go, people love their granola and encourage them to keep going. As I can personally attest, their granola is eat-from-the-bag good, and I barely left myself enough to make this Fruity Breakfast Pizza because of my constant snacking.
- 1 cup granola + 2 tbsp for garnish
- 1 cup dried fruit (dates, cherries, prunes or raisins work well)
- 2 tbsp [url href=”http://freshplanetflavor.com/recommends/coconut-oil/” title=”coconut oil”]coconut oil[/url]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://freshplanetflavor.com/recommends/shredded-coconut/” title=”shredded coconut”]shredded coconut[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://freshplanetflavor.com/recommends/coconut-cream/” title=”coconut cream”]coconut cream[/url] or 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped pichuberries
- 1/3 cup chopped grapes
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Combine the shredded coconut and coconut milk or yogurt, set aside to soften.
- Combine the granola, dried fruit and coconut oil in a food processor, pulse until a rough dough forms. Shape into a disc on your serving plate, and refrigerate while you prepare the fruit.
- Wash and chop the grapes and pichuberries, then spread the shredded coconut on top of the chilled granola crust. Pile the pichuberries, grapes and pomegranate seeds on top, then finish with 2 tbsp of granola as garnish.
- Serve chilled.