Maybe you’ve heard of cakes that you make in a microwave? Can’t lie, the first time I saw a recipe for a mug cake I dismissed it immediately. How can you make anything with the taste and consistency of cake in just a few minutes? But I have quite the culinary curiosity, so I set out to test the theory. Results? You can make a grain-free cake in a mug in minutes in the microwave… and it’s DELICIOUS!
It’s time for the cutest, fastest, healthiest little chocolate mug cake you’ll ever see. This is the first mug cake recipe I’ve ever created and I have been making it over and over because it’s easy, tastes delicious–like actual chocolate cake–and is made with a protein powder that has a short list of ingredients that I pronounce (beef isolate, cocoa, stevia).
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 scoop [url href=”http://freshplanetflavor.com/recommends/protein-powder/” target=”_blank”]pureWOD BUILD protein powder[/url]
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- Toppings of choice (optional)
- Whisk the ingredients together in a mug until smooth.
- Microwave for one minute. Depending on your microwave, the mug cake may be done after just 60 seconds (check if the top has any dark gooey spots… a sign it is not completely cooked). Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- Add toppings such as nut butter, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, etc.