Fudgy Protein Mug Cake
Maybe you’ve heard of cakes that you make in a microwave? Can’t lie, the first time I saw a recipe for a mug cake I dismissed it immediately. How can you make anything with the taste and consistency of cake in just a few minutes? But I have quite the culinary curiosity, so I set out to test the theory. Results? You can make a grain-free cake in a mug in minutes in the microwave… and it’s DELICIOUS!
It’s time for the cutest, fastest, healthiest little chocolate mug cake you’ll ever see. This is the first mug cake recipe I’ve ever created and I have been making it over and over because it’s easy, tastes delicious–like actual chocolate cake–and is made with a protein powder that has a short list of ingredients that I pronounce (beef isolate, cocoa, stevia).
This filling (and deliciously chocolate-y) Fudgy Protein Mug Cake is made of just four ingredients and takes just a few minutes to prepare and cook.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 scoop pureWOD BUILD protein powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- Toppings of choice (optional)
- Whisk the ingredients together in a mug until smooth.
- Microwave for one minute. Depending on your microwave, the mug cake may be done after just 60 seconds (check if the top has any dark gooey spots... a sign it is not completely cooked). Microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed.
- Add toppings such as nut butter, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, etc.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 209kcal Calories from fat 168|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|