Whole30: Day 6 (Meatza Crust)
Dear Whole30 diary: I experimented with “meatza” (pizza with a crust of meat) today. I’m loving the chance to do some real cooking with plenty of ingredients on this weekend, after this first Whole30 week spent confined in my apartment due to bronchitis and an eye infection.
Before we get to the recipe, may I say how much I love this Whole30 timeline graphic? The “Noo… my pants tighter” and “I dream of junk food” made me smile, plus I’m looking forward to the tiger blood on Whole30 Day 16. Obviously. Although my energy is already good, cravings are under control, and I’m enjoying the creative challenge of planning and prepping Whole30-compliant meals.
I’m posting the recipe for this meatza’s pork crust, which I topped with Whole30-compliant pizza sauce, homemade vegan cashew “cheese”, roasted red onions, kalamata olives, fresh oregano and fresh parsley. The vegan cashew cheese was probably SWYPO (who knew Whole30 had so much lingo?) and—how do I say this?—gross. Do not recommend. Anyway, make this meatza crust, and top it with delicious toppings of your choice, Whole30 or not.
One topping that was delicious? Mezzetta pizza sauce. EVERY OTHER BRAND at the grocery store had added sugar in it (what is this, bacon? 😡) but luckily this one came through for me.
Whole30 Day 6 Food
- Breakfast: hot water with lemon and pink Himalayan salt
- Lunch: Beef-Rib Pot Roast
- Dinner: meatza
- Fluids: black coffee, tea, La Croix
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground pork, garlic, dried herbs, and salt and pepper together thoroughly.
- Press the meat mixture into an 10″ round pie pan.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and drain off any liquid in the pan.
- Add toppings of choice, and enjoy.