Paleo Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Jalapeño “Poppers”
I wouldn’t especially call this a recipe. In fact, I intended to only share it on my Instagram (my favorite social media platform by far, on which I share “flash recipes” and little flavor hacks like this one).
Here's a Paleo version of "poppers" (jalapeño peppers that have been hollowed out, stuffed with a mixture of cheese, spices, and sometimes ground meat, breaded and deep fried). This healthier version features a filling of flaked salmon and it baked rather than breaded and fried.
- 5 jalapeños, halved and hollowed out
- 1 1/2 cup cooked salmon, crumbled
- 5 bacon strips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place a rack over a cookie sheet, set aside.
- Squeeze small handful of cooked, crumbled salmon into each jalapeño half.
- Wrap in bacon (each popper uses approximately ½ piece of bacon)
- Place on the rack, then into the preheated oven for 30-40, until the bacon is cooked and the jalapeños are soft. Serve warm.
by Fresh Planet Flavor