- 2 small purple sweet potatoes (ube)
- 2 sausages
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 2 eggs
- Toppings: salt, red chili flakes, and fresh herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In an oven-safe dish, cook the sweet potatoes until soft when pierced with a fork (time needed varies based on sweet potato size and weight).
- In a dry cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and bacon until the sausage is firm and cooked through, and the bacon is crispy. Remove form the skillet and set aside to drain off the fat.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and slice the tomato. When the bacon and sausage is done, cook the mushrooms in the same hot skillet (now greased with bacon fat). When the mushrooms have cooked down somewhat and released some of their water, add the tomato slices. Cook the tomato slices quickly over high heat.
- Remove the mushrooms and tomato form the skillet and set aside. Fry the eggs (it may be necessary to add a little oil or fat to make sure they don’t stick if your cast iron is not well-seasoned).
- Slice open the roasted sweet potatoes and arrange them for eating with the cooked sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomato slices, and eggs.
- Garnish with salt, herbs, and red chili flakes. Enjoy warm.