Chocolate Almond Energy Bites
It’s notoriously difficult to eat well while traveling. Not traveling as in “on vacation” (although that could also be true in a different way) but as in “on the road”. Since I’ll be living out of a Salt Lake City hotel room for the rest of the week while I attend the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit, I took some proactive steps to make sure I’m not stranded with nothing to snack on if the quality of the food provided is questionable.
Some other tips for eating Paleo on the road from around the Internet. (Compared to the lengths these Paleo champs have gone to, my preparation of a single batch of Chocolate Almond Energy Bites is completely inadequate. Although I’d draw the line at bringing a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with me no matter how much time and energy I had.)
- Nom Nom Paleo: Survival Tips for Eating Paleo While Traveling
- Whole9: What’s In Your Cooler?
- Mark’s Daily Apple: How to Eat Healthy on the Road
- Paleo Parents: Back From Our Road Trip Vacation
- Sarah Wilson: How to Eat Paleo(ish) While Traveling
Chewy, nutty and so easy to make and store, these Chocolate Almond Energy Bites are the perfect go-to snack.
- Pulse the ingredients in a food processor until a coarse, sticky paste forms.
- Shape into balls, dust with additional coconut if desired, refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 164kcal Calories from fat 140|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|