This coleslaw comes together so quickly, provided you have a food processor. The result is crunchy, tart, a bit creamy and very fresh! One thing: this recipe calls for mayonnaise, but commercial mayo is full of all sorts of crud. I found a couple of recipes for homemade mayonnaise that I like. There’s a small-batch recipe for Paleo mayonnaise and then a version of Paleo mayonnaise that has a bit more of a substantial yield. I used a very light olive oil in mine, and actually used two eggs instead of the one that the smaller version called for, because it became evident that I needed more protein to bind it together.
- 1/2 cabbage
- 2 carrots (small)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- In a food processor, finely shred the cabbage and carrots (working in batches if needed) then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Finely shred the half onion.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine onion, mayonnaise, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, black pepper and celery salt.
- Add to the cabbage and carrot mixture, combine thoroughly.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 124kcal Calories from fat 102|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|