This idea came to me on a whim, after seeing The Nourished Caveman’s salmon and avocado boats! I whipped up my dead simple version, and it couldn’t be richer, creamier or tastier. I almost feel silly posting a recipe, because all you do is halve the avocados, carve them out a bit (definitely spoon the excess avocado straight into your mouth), line with smoked salmon, dollop in the egg and bake until firm. Garnish with chili flakes and dill, eat warm. Done!
One small confession: this is the first time I’ve eaten avocado warm, but I like it. Next time I’ll make some coconut flour buns to smear this on, who’s with me?
- 4 avocados
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 8 eggs
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the avocados remove the seed. If the hole looks small, scoop out a small bit at a time until it can hold an egg.
- Arrange the avocado halves on a cookie sheet, and line the hollows with strips of smoked salmon. Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl, then spoon the yolks and however much white the avocado will hold.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper on top of the eggs, to taste.
- Gently place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili flakes and fresh dill on top.
- Serve warm.