Smoked Salmon Stuffed Dill Bites
Salmon and dill are an amazing flavor pairing! Something about the herbaceous bite of dill perfectly complements the fatty, fishy flavor of salmon. The flavor pairing is great prepared simply (a salmon steak slathered in a buttery dill sauce, for example) but even better in biscuit form. And aren’t stuffed biscuits so fun? So fun. I have a slight addiction to stuffed biscuits, starting with my Bison-Stuffed Black Pepper Biscuits, but these may be my best version yet. They’re almost too good; I ate five in one sitting! Nevermind that smoked salmon is my desert island meat (maybe tied with lamb)… I won’t be making these again until I have a house full of people to help me eat them so I can keep myself in check. 😉
They came out a bit smaller than a biscuit, so I’m calling them “bites”. Give them a try! And don’t hesitate to try a different pairing of meat and herbs. Maybe lamb and rosemary are next? Yummmm!
These little stuffed biscuits are bursting with the tried-and-true flavor of smoked salmon and dill.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the arrowroot flour with the salt and coconut flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Pour in the oil and warm water and stir. Add the whisked eggs and continue mixing until well combined.
- Work the chopped fresh dill gently into the dough.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to a ¼" thickness. Using a biscuit cutter or the top of a drinking glass or aluminum can, cut dough into discs (approximately 3" in diameter).
- Take a large pinch of smoked salmon, place in the center of a dough disc and fold the dough around it. Roll between your palms until round, then place on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the bites are firm and the bottoms are slightly toasted.
- Serve warm.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 228kcal Calories from fat 131|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|