Spicy Curried Squash Galette
I had a butternut squash to use up, so this vegetable tart was born! Isn’t it fun how something utterly delicious can be the result of something so prosaic as the need for new fridge space? Since everything is better curried, I went that direction with the flavor profile and added sweet softened onions, golden raisins and a kick from red pepper flakes to really make this recipe my own.
Galettes are my favorite way to package savory fillings because they’re the definition of un-fussy. This one cuts very well, due to the finely-ground almond flour I had on hand. I’ve made previous galettes with coarsely-ground almond flour and it works… the look is just more rustic and you may have some cracking when you fold the crust over.
This Spicy Curried Squash Galette is a rustic crowd-pleaser.
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 heaping cups cubed roasted squash
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make the filling, heat one tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet, and thinly slice the onion into rounds. Grate the fresh ginger over the onions.
- Soften the mixture in the oil over medium heat until translucent, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the roasted squash, curry powder, red pepper flakes salt and golden raisins. Mix well.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, salt, cumin, coriander and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in the olive oil and eggs, then form the dough into a ball.
- Lay down parchment paper, and roll the dough out into a large round approximately ¼ inch thick. Heap the squash mixture in the center, then use the edges of the parchment paper to fold the edges of the dough over to hold the filling in.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the edges of the crust begin to brown. Serve warm.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 420kcal Calories from fat 239|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|