Sweet Pepper Quiche
If you need a breakfast idea that looks and tastes legit but takes only 15 minutes (max) to prep before loading into the oven, this Sweet Pepper Quiche is it. I came up with this dead simple idea to use up some leftover ham and mini sweet peppers that were languishing in the refrigerator. Some of my best recipes are the product of constraints such as the need to re-purpose leftovers. Dress your Sweet Pepper Quiche up by slicing some of the sweet bell pepper into strips and arranging in a circular pattern for rustic, sun-burst appeal.
The beautiful pie plate here was a birthday gift from my mother this year, and it makes its debut here with a recipe that’s as simple and appealing as it is. Crafted by ceramic artist Edith Bourgault, it has a mysterious French name (“Pour la Tourtière d’Annette Stoneware Pie Plate”) and I am in love with it.
Actually… the blue potholders in the photo were a gift from my mother as well! I suppose beautiful, blue-patterned kitchen accessories are a theme.
This simple Sweet Pepper Quiche recipe comes together in 15 minutes and is made of only 3 ingredients: sweet peppers, ham, and eggs.
- 1 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Coconut oil, for greasing pans
- 3-4 sweet peppers, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a pie-plate (I used one that was 9.5" in diameter) and set aside.
- Place the chopped peppers and ham into a food processor and whirl until grated very finely.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and crack four eggs over the mixture, then work them in with a fork.
- Spoon into the greased pie plate, level with the back of a fork. Slice 3-4 little sweet peppers into strips and lightly press them into the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve warm.
by Fresh Planet Flavor
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 150kcal Calories from fat 83|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|