Wild Blueberry Coconut Chia Overnight N’Oatmeal
Meet my I’m-not-a-breakfast-person-and-I-won’t-lift-a-finger-on-weekdays kind of start to the day. I love breakfast food but I never have the time or inclination to eat before noon Monday through Friday. So I mix blueberries, coconut, coconut milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vanilla, and salt the night before, and wake up to thickened, glorious n’oats (which is short for NOT OATS since there’s no oatmeal in this recipe). Keto, vegan, Whole30, and easy on the eyes, too. 💜 I love topping this n’oatmeal with almond butter, but if you’re avoiding nuts or want it extra hassle-free then skip it.
I’m no stranger to n’oatmeal — I jumped on the bandwagon in 2015 with my N’Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl (banana, cinnamon, coconut, butternut squash purée). I also tried pumpkin cinnamon n’oatmeal that same year with my Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll N’Oatmeal, and baked n’oatmeal in 2016 with my Blueberry Baked N’Oatmeal. My two most recent n’oatmeal recipes are Banana Cream Pie N’Oatmeal and Creamy Coconut Blackberry N’Oatmeal. The blackberry version may be my favorite. Anyway, it’s very, very, very clear that I love to play with the combination of fruit and coconut for a breakfast bowl.
I used flax milk for the liquid here, but whatever type of milk you prefer will work well. You could also use regular blueberries instead of wild ones, but wild blueberries are small and juicier, with more pronounced floral flavor notes.
This makes a big batch and it’s very filling. I decided on more blueberries, almond butter and edible flowers for my toppings but these would be great with any type of berry, stone fruit, or compote you have. If you prefer a sweeter version, experiment with some jam, shaved dark chocolate, or stevia (for a lower carb version). This recipe is easy, tasty, and versatile!Print
- 1½ cups wild blueberries (I bought them frozen from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups milk of your choice (I used flax milk)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Almond butter (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Blend the blueberries, shredded coconut and milk together in a blender until coarsely combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chia and hemp seeds, and vanilla extract and salt. Cover with plastic or Bee’s Wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, divide into jars or bowls and top with more blueberries, almond butter and edible flowers, if using.